Reporting Hate Crime

Anyone can report hate crime.

If there is an emergency, call the police on 999 – particularly if an incident is still happening or has just happened.

  • Report it to the police – call 999 (emergency), 101 (non-emergency)
  • Report to your landlord or housing provider
  • Callers have the option of reporting an incident anonymously. We encourage victims to provide personal details that can help the investigation. Any evidence can help the council or police in the investigation process especially:
  • a description of the perpetrator(s)
  • details of any witnesses to the incident
  • a diary record of any ongoing incidents and previous incidents you have experienced
  • original copies of any hate mail that has been sent to you
  • evidence of damage to property, graffiti etc. It is advisable not to clear these up before reporting the incident if possible.

If you don’t have any evidence, we still encourage you to report hate crime.

Who to contact

020 7275 4758 - Tower Hamlets Police Community Safety Unit (8am-10pm
7 days a week)